I discovered Nancy’s Point – A Blog About Breast Cancer & Loss through the WordPress.com reader tool. I really appreciate this tool because it helps me find great blogs and bloggers that I might otherwise never stumble upon.
Nancy runs an annual summer blogging challenge (so I found out since I am currently now obsessed with writing and blogging challenges 🙂 ) More importantly, her website is a great resource for anyone affected by breast cancer, either directly or indirectly.
I particularly like this challenge because rather than running over multiple days, it’s a simple Q&A challenge that you use to create a blog post.
I just hope I’m not too tardy for the party seeing as how it’s already October and summer is pretty much over now…
So here are the questions, followed by my answers:
- How long have you been blogging?
- I don’t recall the exact year I started my very first blog, but the blog I have been blogging most consistently on (at least once a week), I started in 2012. This one I am doing this challenge on was started in 2014 and is the one I consider to be my personal blog (i.e. not related to a particular theme or business).
- How has your blog changed?
- When I first started this blog I initially did what all the experts suggest, I tried to focus on SEO and “being found” but it became a drudgery and I fell off the blogging wagon. Fast forward to 2018, I decided I just wanted to get back to writing just for the joy of it so I made up my mind to ignore all the advice I had been listening to and just write. The Change: writing for me rather than for an audience.
- What is your biggest blogging challenge or frustration?
- Writing consistently and staying engaged for the long run.
- What is your favorite post that you’ve written?
- I think the one where I declared that I wasn’t going to let “finding/selecting a blog niche” hold me back any longer from just writing – Niche Blogging Or No-Niche Blogging? I’ve Gotta Do Me
- What are your goals for your blog?
- I would like to use it as a space to grow as a creative writer. Though I’m not looking to write a book, I would like to use it to develop a writing habit (a daily writing habit, dare I say…) that will help become a good storyteller.
- How many blogs do you read on a regular basis?
- It really varies and depends on what I happen to be obsessing about at any given point in time.
- How do you determine what to share and what not to share? In other words, do you have blog boundaries?
- Nah… I don’t have blog boundaries… I would describe myself as having “blog barricades” 😉 Historically, I’ve been very guarded about what and how much I share on my blogs especially when it comes to people in my life who have no interest in being “put out there” by association. But I’ve found that “transparency” is a new buzz word in the online world so I am trying to find a comfortable space between “putting it all out there” and guarding what needs to stay private.
- When things get hard, what keeps you blogging?
- I haven’t been great about staying the blogging course when things get hard but I have a new resolve to try to… I just need a good enough “why” and I’m working on trying to determine what that is.
- What is your biggest Cancer Land pet peeve today, right now, this minute?
- Not sure I have a response to this… Sorry 😦
- What one piece of advice would you offer to a new blogger?
- Stay consistent… Stay engaged… Stay the course… (Don’t be like me!) 😉
- Share something most people do not know about you. A secret sort of thing.
- I never read the DMV driver’s book prior to taking the written driving exam and I ended up passing it with flying colors the first time I took the exam! However, I failed the actual road test TWICE before I finally got my driver’s license 🙂
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
- Playing word games i.e. crossword puzzles, word searches, scrabble, etc.
That wasn’t so bad! And now it’s time to get back to showing my Etsy shop some love 🙂
To check out the original post for this challenge on Nancy’s website and to see a list of the other bloggers that participated in it, go here.
Leave a Reply