Day 2 of my 31-Day Writing Challenge…
I struggled with leaving this particular prompt in the challenge, not so much because it would require a lot of introspection and digging deep to think up random facts about myself, but more so because I’d have to share them.
- My actual height is 5-feet 10.75-inches (that’s what my doctor’s office always measures me at) and when asked I will typically always quote that exact height, very rarely do I round up to 5’11”. I do that because the “three-quarters of an inch” part always makes people laugh 🙂
- I don’t enjoy listening to music, I prefer the background sound of voices talking so I listen to podcasts a lot more than I listen to music.
- During my time in America I have lived in Carson CA, Los Angeles CA, Manhattan Beach CA, Stockton CA, Los Altos CA, New York NY, Denver CO, San Francisco CA, Daly City CA, Oakland CA, and Hayward CA.
- I wear a shoe size 11 or 12 depending on the style of the shoes and I just bought my very first ever pair of snow boots (they are Size 11) with a gift card I got from Goodyear Tires for buying snow tires (facts don’t get more random than that 🙂 )
- I am afraid of roller coasters and I knew that before I ever went on one. I have only ever ridden one roller coaster in my life and that was done only under extreme duress from a “former” friend J 😉
- I don’t recall the name of the ride but it was at Great America in Santa Clara and it was one of the ones where your legs dangle and I am fully convinced to this day that during one of the lower loops my feet grazed the ground or a tree or something.
- I didn’t throw up after all the crazy looping, I didn’t even feel nauseous at all, but I was very angry with myself that I succumbed to the peer pressure… Lol… (now I can laugh about it though)
- Whenever I go to a restaurant or coffee place where they ask for your name so they can call you when your table or whatever is ready, I always give random English male names because I don’t like the going through the whole “drama” of “How do you spell that…? How do you say it…? Did you say Jumanji…? “I’m sorry, could you repeat that…?” when I give my real name.
- Names I have used (this is not an all-inclusive list)… Michael, Andrew, Randy, Danny, John, Jorge, Luis, and Mei Ling (that’s a girl’s name but I like to throw people off with it 🙂 )
- I try to play at least one crossword or sudoku puzzle everyday.
- I’m a slow chewer, not deliberately, I just am. I am usually the last one to finish my meal and almost always the last to leave the dining table.
- I’m not a fan of typical sporting games like football, basketball, etc. I’ve never attended a professional football game, basketball game, or soccer game. I have however attended a professional baseball game (the San Francisco 49ers) because my co-workers and I got free tickets… And I wanted to gouge my eyeballs out, I was so bored (but it was a fun outing with friends from work 🙂 )
- I’m a pharmacist today but other careers I considered… Ballet dancer (this dream would have never materialized based on Random Fact #1 above 😉 ), teacher, lawyer, pilot, aeronautical engineer.
- After college, when some of my sisters and I lived together, we would sometimes answer the phone with “Thank you for calling KFC, can I take your order?”. On many occasions, people would immediately hang up without responding and then call right back again… We thought we were sooooo funny!!
Has anyone else done Day 2 of the challenge? If so, please let me know in the comments below and I will link to your post here in mine.
Leave a Reply