Oh, what to pick, what to pick…?
It’s funny, I thought I watched a lot more TV than I actually do so when it actually came down to picking what my faves were, the pickings were slim, but good (at least for me).
So right now, I have to say, hands down, right now I am thoroughly enjoying 90-Day Fiancé.
I like every single iteration of this very engaging franchise on TLC:
I’m here for it all! 🙂
I think I especially like this show because I have personal experience with the whole 90-Day Fiancé/K1 Visa life… And there you have it!
In Other News…
I mentioned before that I really enjoyed doing the two book reviews I did here and here, so I’d like to do more of them. To that end, I’m reading a lot more which is actually helping me accomplish multiple goals at once:
- Read more books this year, and
- Share them
Book Review Update: Did Not Finish (DNF)
Title: Your Second Life Begins When You Realize You Only Have One
Author: Raphaëlle Giordano
Book length: 256 pages
Publication date: 2018 (translated from French to English)
Genre: Self-Help (essentially)
List Price: $16.00
Amazon price: Varies – Check it out
Source: My local library
Reading time: Weellllll…..
I saw this book on the “fresh new additions” shelf at my local library and it really sounded like a great read. Plus the fact that it was recently translated from French and touted as a hit in the original French version… I was sold.
Plus, I also liked the font.
I tried to like this book, I really really did. It was an easy read and quick moving too but I soon discovered that rather than being an actual story story, it was really just a self-help book posing as a novel.
I was disappointed with the book and I tried to finish reading it but I just couldn’t. I know some will enjoy it and the twist on presenting self-help topics, but it just didn’t appeal to me personally.
It will probably appeal to someone who likes a lot of self-help books but wants the information presented in a different way.
I’ve moved on to a new book now which I’m enjoying a lot more. Watch out for the review on shortly (hopefully).
Catch up on my previous posts for this challenge:
- Day 1 – Why I’m doing this challenge
- Day 2 – 10 random facts about me
- Day 3 – The story behind the name of this blog
- Day 4 – Quotable Quote… Why it speaks to me right now
- Day 5 – Recent random act of kindness
- Day 6 – Three current guilty pleasures
- Day 7 – Collections… What I collect and why
- Day 8 – Throwback Picture
- Day 9 – Recently read book recommendation
- Day 10 – Three Favorite Blogs
- Day 11 – Wishful Thinking… If I won the lottery
- Day 12 – Purpose of this blog and future blog goals
- Day 13 – What’s on today’s schedule?
- Day 14 – All about my profession
- Day 15 – My first international trip
- Day 16 – Something I miss from my childhood
- Day 17 – An impossible dream
- Day 18: Three people or businesses I follow on social media
To see the complete list of writing prompts, go here.