My word is “Logophile”… It’s not really an obscure word and when I had to decide on just one word I decided that I loved too many words so it just made sense that logophile would be my word.
Lover of words.
Not to be confused with a lexophile, who is also a lover of words, but especially in word games, puzzles, anagrams, palindromes, etc.
Discovering the meaning of the word was like getting a self-diagnosis for me. Once I learned the word, I realized that was what I was!
I love words… I enjoy reading them, defining them, scrambling up the letters in the them and forming new ones. I enjoy a really good word game… From crosswords to word scrambles to word searches…
As an aside, it always bothered me when my opponent would realize that they were going to lose the game and then just stop playing… Ugh…
I don’t play it as much any more. Not because of sore losers, it’s just a time thing… I needed to cut back on my screen time and I had to let many of my gaming apps go.
In Other News
Merry Christmas to you if that’s what you celebrate… I do. 🙂
Alternatively, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivus, Seasons Greetings, Feliz Navidad, etc.
So today marks the official end of the Hallmark Christmas movie season. Actually, for all I know they could very well continue until the end of the month but technically, officially, this is it.
How did you celebrate the day?
Catch up on previous posts from this writing challenge:
- Day 1 – Why I’m doing this challenge
- Day 2 – 10 random facts about me
- Day 3 – The story behind the name of this blog
- Day 4 – Quotable Quote… Why it speaks to me right now
- Day 5 – Recent random act of kindness
- Day 6 – Three current guilty pleasures
- Day 7 – Collections… What I collect and why
- Day 8 – Throwback Picture
- Day 9 – Recently read book recommendation
- Day 10 – Three Favorite Blogs
- Day 11 – Wishful Thinking… If I won the lottery
- Day 12 – Purpose of this blog and future blog goals
- Day 13 – What’s on today’s schedule?
- Day 14 – All about my profession
- Day 15 – My first international trip
- Day 16 – Something I miss from my childhood
- Day 17 – An impossible dream
- Day 18 – Three people or businesses I follow on social media
- Day 19 – Current Favorite TV shows
- Day 20 – What’s in your wallet?
To see the complete list of prompts for this writing challenge, they’re right here.
Categories: Creative Writing