As I was perusing the New Year 2019 posts from bloggers I follow and new ones suggested I found this post about a reading challenge…
A reading challenge!
What a novel idea…!! I only recently became acquainted with writing and blogging challenges towards the end of last year. I also started a doing a lot more reading towards the end of the year as well so this seemed like the sort of thing I would naturally enjoy.
So when I saw this post by Jonetta of Secret Library Book Blog, just like the Taco bell dog of days gone by my first thought was “I am there…” Also especially since I get most of the books I read from my public library! 🙂
The blog is actually hosted by Angela of Angel’s Guilty Pleasures and you can both sign up and get more details about it by following that link.
I’m about to sign up. There’s a whole Linky thing you have to do which I’ve never done before so I hope I get it right… Fingers crossed…
Library Love Challenge Details
I copied these verbatim from the site so you’ll have to follow the link to Angela’s site to actually sign up.
Runs: January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join any time.
- Put a sign up post on your blog or (dedicate a Goodreads shelf or LibraryThing) and link it in the linky below. Make sure it’s public.
- The goal is to read at least twelve (12) books from the library, but you can read more. While twelve is the minimum, there is no maximum limit. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you.
- Any format will work for this challenge (prints, ebooks, or audios); as long as you checked it out from the library, it counts.
- Books can be any genre (fiction, nonfiction, romance, fantasy, mystery, thriller, horror, etc.).
- Crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed, including re-reads. The goal is to support your local library and save money.
- As an added bonus: Angela is offering up a GIVEAWAY with this Challenge. Winners will be picked at the end of the year!! There are a few freebie entries just for signing up to join the challenge and then the main entries throughout the year will be the direct links to your book reviews. You will have until Jan. 4th, 2020 to enter your reviews in the Linky/Rafflecopter. Go here to enter your reviews & the giveaway: 2019 Library Love Challenge Review Link-ups.
- (Optional) Mid-Year Library Check In: This year (2019) Angela plans on posting a Mid-Year Library Check In Post sometime in June or July. This post is to showcase what you have done so far in the Library Love Challenge. She’ll be offering up a separate giveaway for the Mid-Year Library Check In.
- (Optional) Reviews: Write a review to enter the giveaway – 2 sentences or an essay, whatever works for you, but there is a minimum of 2 sentences. Not sure what to write? How about something like, “The plot was a delight, but the characters didn’t capture me.” “I enjoyed the story and really liked the characters.”
- Please use #LibraryLoveChallenge when sharing your reviews, library pictures, etc…
Reading Challenge Levels:
- Dewey Decimal: Read 12 books
- Thrifty Reader: Read 24 books
- Overdrive Junkie: Read 36 books
- Library Addict: Read 48 books
- Library Card on Fire: Read 60+ books
Looking to jumpstart your writing habit in 2019? Check out my 31-Day Writing Challenge prompts.
Leave a Reply