Woohoo…! I’ve been meaning to do one of these again but just seem to keep dropping the ball. This weekly roundup is hosted by Sam over at Taking On A World Of Words and you can hop over there to check out what books others are reading, have read, and plan to read. 🙂
The There Ws Are:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?
What Am I Currently Reading?
As usual, I’m currently juggling multiple books. I’m reading three books right now, all vastly different:
- The Drowning by J.P. Smith – I just started it but so far so good. It start’s off in a summer camp for boys and an unfortunate incident happens that some people hope gets swept under the rug, and it does, for a while… But now, fast forward 21 years and it turns out the little secret has surfaced and I guess I’ll find out what happens.
- The Half-Life Of Everything by Deborah Carol Gang – the title of this one caught my eye because, being a pharmacist, I know a lot about half-lives when it comes to medications so I was immediately drawn to it. David’s wife Kate is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and he’s still devoted to her, but then as she drifts further and further away, he falls in love with someone else… So far I’ve “met” David, Kate, their two college-aged sons, a social worker at the assisted living facility that Kate lives in and some of David’s friends. I don’t yet know who he falls in love with but the foundation of the cast of characters is very interesting already.
- Exposed by Lisa Scottoline – this is one of the Rosato & DiNunzio series (this is actually the first one I’ve read) and I’m just a few pages in. The main character is a lawyer and is asked by a widowed family friend/single father of a daughter with cancer to represent him in an unlawful termination suit against his employer… But there’s more to it… I just don’t know what yet.
What Did I Recently Finish Reading?
I actually had to borrow this book from two different libraries…
I didn’t finish reading it before time ran out on my first go-round but because it was a new release I couldn’t renew it without first returning it and someone already had it on hold.
I love how this story unfolded… I was hooked from the very first page. I found it interesting that a number of the reviews on the cover all referenced a big surprise at the end so I couldn’t wait to find out what it was.
I’ll be honest… Even though I did quite enjoy the story and all the twists and turns it took, the surprise at the end really was a surprise, but I was kind of disappointed with it because I expecting something else… Well, I was hoping for something else. But regardless of what I wanted to happen, the actual story was well-written and well done.
I won’t say too much about the story because it’s best, I think, to go into this one totally blind but as the cover says, “What if your whole life was based on lies?”
Enough said. 🙂
What Do I Think I Will Read Next?
Up next I these three waiting in the wings:
- The Guilty Dead by P. J. Tracy
- Bring Me Back by B. A. Paris, and
- Betrayal At Iga by Susan Spann… I’m quite looking forward to reading this one because I recently read my first Susan Spann Hiro Hattori Mystery Series book – The Ninja’s Daughter – a few months ago and I quite enjoyed it! I did a review of that book here.